Surah’s to Memorize:
- Level: 7, 8 and 9: Surah Ya Sin, Ar-Rehman, Al-Fath, Al-Hadeed, & Surah Muhammad
- Level: 5 and 6: Surah At-Tur, An-Najm, & Al-Thariyaat
- Level: 3 and 4: Surah Al-Insaan/Ad-Dahr, Al-Mulk, & Al-Qalum
- Level: 1 and 2: Surah Al-Bayyinah and Al-Balad
Date: March 16, 2013 Time: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Venue: Iselin Middle School
Hufaz will listen to the entire surah and grade students based on the following criteria:
a. Complete memorization of the surah
b. Number of mistakes made during the recitation
Examples of mistakes are:
Skipping a word in an ayat, skipping an ayat, requiring the hafiz to remind of an ayat, incorrect pronunciation of a word (excluding major tajweed rules), wrong harakat on the end of a word (Example: saying a fatha at the end of a word instead of dumma), etc.
c. Please note that although strict tajweed rules will not be enforced, students are expected to make an effort to recite the
memorized surah with tajweed.
Feedback from the Hufaz:
Each participant will recite a portion of the memorize surah in front of the hufaz. Each hafiz will provide written recommendations for the student to improve in his or her recitation.
1) All participants must be memorizing the surah for the first time.
2) Students with 3 (three) or fewer mistakes will receive the first prize (Nook B&W 7” tablet, an $80 value), EXCEPT Pre-K, KG, Level 1 & 2 who will receive upto $40 value prize (No Nook B&W 7” tablet).
3) Students with 4 (Four) to 6 (six) mistakes will be eligible for the second prize up to $ 25 value.
4) All participants with at least half memorization of a surah will be eligible for a participant trophy.
5) Partial or incomplete memorization of a surah will not be eligible for any award.
6) Students can ONLY choose a surah assigned to their grade level or select a surah above their grade level.
7) Pre-K and K-G students can participate by memorizing any surah mentioned above
Prior registration is required. For registration, please contact Br. Farooq, Br. Najeeb, Sis. Uzma and or Sis. Munuzza.