Surah Memorization Program
Date: March 15, 2014 Saturday; Time: 10 am – 2:00 pm
Venue: Iselin Middle School
Surah’s to Memorize:
Level: 7, 8 & 9: Surah Al-Hadeed, Al-Mujaadalah & Al-Hashr
Level: 5 & 6: Surah Al-Najm, Al-Waqi’ah, & Al-Qamar
Level: 3 & 4: Surah Al-Jumuah, Al-Munaafiqoon, & Al-Tagabun
Level: 1 & 2: Surah Al-Layl, Al-Shams & Al-Balad
Huffaz will listen to the entire surah and grade students based on the following criteria:
- Complete memorization of the surah
- Number of mistakes made during the recitation
Examples of mistakes are:
Skipping a word in an ayat, skipping an ayat, requiring the hafiz to remind of an ayat, incorrect pronunciation of a word (excluding major tajweed rules), wrong harakat on the end of a word (Example: saying a fatha at the end of a word instead of dumma), etc.
- Please note that although strict tajweed rules will not be enforced, students are expected to make an effort to recite the memorized surah with tajweed.
- All participants must be memorizing the surah for the first time.
Feedback from the Hufaz:
- Each participant will recite a portion of the memorize surah in front of the huffaz.
- Each hafiz will provide written recommendations for the student to improve in his or her recitation.
- Students with 3 (three) or fewer mistakes will receive the first prize.
- Students with 4 (Four) to 6 (six) mistakes will be eligible for the second prize.
- All participants with at least half memorization of a surah will be eligible for a participant trophy.
- Partial or incomplete memorization of a surah will not be eligible for any award.
- Students can choose ONLY one surah assigned to their grade level or select a surah above their grade level.
- Pre-K and K-G students can participate by memorizing any surah mentioned above
Registration: Prior registration is required.
For registration, please contact Br. Najeeb, Br. Niaz, Sis. Isma, and Sis. Munuzza.